Sunday, August 27, 2006

Of Pride, Tickertape and Bumper Cars...

OK OK I STAND CORRECTED IT WAS A LORRY COVERED IN CREPE PAPER...

" JIMMY DECIDED TO STOP AND PLAY 'SPOT THE GAY' "


HAIR MODEL 6.09 OF THE YEAR SO FAR...

Wings
Just a quicky with updates from the weekend. I must say Pride wasn't AS bad as I thought it would be. I mean the mincers, gurners and kiddies with body dismorphic features still ran riot but there was a pretty good buzz about the place too because the locals were in a minority. I witnessed my first ever parade and found out it's not just about people looking like idiots in hotpants. They're the clubs floats like essential and cruz 101. There were youth organisations, police support groups, nhs workers, health awareness, parents of poofs and the usual political bumf headed by handlebar moustached marys. Was nice to see ordinary shoppers clapping and not just watching the freak show. Pity it's one day a year really.
Actually scrap that idea I couldn't do with being applauded fetching shampoo from boots...
Canal street was a little packed but enjoyed the fact you could sit outside and drink in the road and the evening was warm enough for the balconie to all be open (we need these more often). I even got to test my nimble skills on the dodgems although Rob, Adam and Kim were a bit too scared to go on any of the adult rides. We'll soon change that on Pleasure Beach. We also bumped into Matt who was a lil worse for wear so hope he gets well soon. I'm now nursing a bad back and may have had the worst nights sleep ever the history of pillows. I blame the nachos...
Night night xxx

2 Comments:

Blogger Wings said...

Hey sweetie, we do dig the American chicks - especially the uber cool ones! Keep up the good work blogside and thanks for the folical comment :p xx

2:25 PM  
Blogger Wings said...

At least we know what to expect in Blackpool - knock off clothes, cheap sweets, tacky decor and below par accomodation. Oh I'm welling up at the thought!!!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home