Thursday, July 07, 2005

In Which We Yawn just a lil...

Wings

As you LOYAL and AVID readers may or may not know, we here at Wings HQ have received as much job satisfaction recently as a sponge on the Queen Mums coffin (what is it still too soon??) so it may come as little suprise I finally gave my notice in last night. Rob was pretty cool about it (sure the chardonnay helped) so finished work about 1am this morning to crawl into bed by 2am to drag myself back out at 7am for a shower, shave, shirt and tie and a taxi to The Vodafone Academy (I kid thee not).
In a simple lil canteen serving mud water and frozen chocolate I met 14 other likely candidates. You had the shy-how-did-you-get-thru-clearence-blond who hardly said anything all day, the cocky-arrogant-chav-18yr-old, the loud-but-I'll-lie-about-my-age-on-my-form-and-get-rumbled-at-the-end-of-the-day-twink among others. After kickin global butt on the second lot of interviews (and we're talking floor wiping) I got asked there and then if I could do my final interview and sit in on some calls! Did a VERY nervous 1-on-1 in a stuffy lil room soundin like a retard but she said she was really happy with the answers. An hour later and I start my job on the 1st!!! They drew a contract up for me there and then! So as you can imagine, we are tres happy at gaining sociable hours and REALLY good pay.
Anyone want a vodafone?
Wings xXx

2 Comments:

Blogger Wings said...

8-4, 9-5, 10-6, 11-7, and 12-8. SWEET! I get nights off and EVERYTHING! Can't wait. Will have to do a few hours at the club though as my last wage pack from Red is on the 8th August then I don't get paid by voda till 28th sept so need a few pennies keep me floating for a month or two so expect to see me don a sparkly Archers Aqua vest on a trendz near you!
RIIIICE!!!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Wings said...

RIIIICE!

And sparkle...

X

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home